Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lots of reading, so little time!

Hi everybody! I'm Carrie and I'm really excited about joining this Bible study. I don't know if I'll be able to come every Wednesday since I have work and a summer course (yeah, I know I'm not the only busy one)...but I hope for chances to blog out my thoughts here.
I am deciding between a Social Work and Family Studies major (and minoring in the one I don't major in). Time goes by fast, so I have to pick soon.
My thoughts on the cross are also varied. I wear a cross necklace periodically, but don't really think of the message I may be sending to people. I mean, what if I do something really stupid that turns someone off to Christianity? I know people shouldn't judge Christ based on peoples' actions (we'll certainly let them down), but we're all prone to biases. I would feel so terrible if I pushed someone away in sharing the faith just by my actions. We'll see where my thoughts go after I read more.
Talk to you all later!

No comments: